Our philosophy in Fort Hunt Football and Cheer is that every boy and girl who wants to play Football and Cheer should be able to do so, regardless of their financial situation.
If your family is in need, there are two ways to receive financial assistance for Fort Hunt boy's and girl's lacrosse.
- Fairfax County Youth Sports Scholarship program
Once you have properly finished the Fort Hunt online registration form, the following additional steps are needed before your child's registration is considered complete. Until all these steps are done, your child's registration is considered incomplete and they will not be assigned to a team and are not allowed on a field or court for either practice or games.
- Download application, properly complete, and sign the Fairfax County Youth Sports Scholarship program application.
- Provide proof that your child is currently receiving assistance by:
- Attaching a copy of your official document that signifies your child is receiving aid.
- or obtain the signature of school counselor, staff, case worker, or other official on appropriate line of Scholarship application form.
- Give signed application form and proof of aid to your sports commissioner and/or registrar.
Once you have completed the online registration AND provided appropriate paperwork to the sports commissioner/registrar, your child's registration is complete.
FHYAA wants to ensure that every child has an opportunity to participate in youth sports regardless of his or her financial situation. The Fairfax County Department of Community and Recreational Services (DCRS) provides registration fee scholarships. To be eligible for a county scholarship, a child must be currently enrolled in a public assistance program such as Free or Reduced Lunch, General Relief, Food Stamps, ADC, Foster Care, Medicaid, or SSI. In addition the child must live in Fairfax County, be enrolled in K - 12, commit to attend 80% of practices and games, and not be currently served by an existing scholarship or fee waiver program.
- Special requests for assistance
If you are not eligible for the above Fairfax County assistance program, but still require financial assistance, you can make a special request directly the Football and Cheer Commissioner.